Sunday, February 6, 2011

Remembering Swanny

From time to time, I like to check in with The Anti-Cruelty Society online.  From time to time, I do the same with PAWS Chicago.  I see familiar faces and I meet new ones.  I also miss a few.

Today I remember my sweetheart Beagle, Swanny.  Swanny is a 2-year-old female Beagle brought into PAWS Chicago on May 5, 2010.  She was my spotlight on Examiner in the article Favorite Breed 2010.  Swanny was a special dog, so labeled by PAWS Chicago.  Swanny was more so a special dog in my heart.  She had a story to tell that no one heard because of her momentary lapse in proper behavior.  I heard her story quite clearly.  I loved Swanny a great deal and did hope dearly to adopt her.  My resources, sadly, are still not together.

Swanny has found someone who will listen to her and give her a home fit for pure perfection.  Swanny was adopted.

The Beagle breed is not easy to adopt in urban settings mainly because of their infamous howling bark.  The American Kennel Club offers an incredible list of rescue groups around the United States.  If you are aware of a Beagle in need of help, consider the contact information listed on the American Kennel Club.  Scroll down to Beagle.

Personal note - If you enjoy Puppy Love, please consider making a donation in any amount to support this blog's continued success.  Donations are anonymous and secure through PayPal (an account with PayPal is not needed).  Donations may be made through "Forever Home Donations" at the bottom of the screen.  Thank you so much for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment