Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dog tired

I am passionate about writing fiction.  I adore even more writing about what I know and love - dogs.  Yet this summer has been exhausting as I continue my seemingly never-ending search for my one agent for "Bedtime Tails."  Frankly. . .I am dog tired.

Researching children's literature agencies and agents is relatively easy - if you go to the right online directories.

Researching the best agent for my work is a bit more difficult.  At times, I consider one name when another name is better.  At other times, the agent I desired is no longer accepting submissions.  There is always the joy in discovering a nonexistant website for an agency I wanted greatly to pursue.

Research leads to results. . .so has been said.  I find an agent.  Their bio is intriguing and I must send my work, whether just being a letter or attaching a sample.  I draft - by hand - a letter that is revised at least once before typing and clicking send.  This process runs to the tune of multiple.

And I wait.  I wait a week.  I wait a month.  I wait several weeks.  I wait.

In the mean time, I write new projects with an animal theme - my newest being a picture book series entitled "It's Raining Cats and Dogs."  I write every day.  Sometimes I dream ideas into a waking state.  I write.  I am always writing!

The life of an unpublished author is never-ending.  Every piece I compose has to be literary agent ready.  I write.  I research.  I query.  I wait.  I write.

I am, quite simply, dog tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment