Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shock value

Who knew Puppy Love would be the place for rock music.

Just as I had an explanation for Depeche Mode's "Precious," I have another for Duran Duran's "What Happens Tomorrow."

Out of the countless highly personal rejections I have received thus far for my chapter book, Bedtime Tails, today found itself as a deafening blow and true shock value to my emotions.  I received my first form rejection, an unexpected rejection to say the least.  My query to this agent was exclusive, meaning I could not send my work to others until I got a response from this agent.  The sender name in the email was the agency, so I should have figured as much.  There was no salutation (Dear Author, Dear Lauren Hovis).  The rejection was so raw and impersonal, I am still in shock.

So how does this rejection relate to Duran Duran's live rendition of "What Happens Tomorrow?" 

There are a few lyrics I relate to as a pick-me-up anthem - those needed most based on my previous text post.  I punish my emotions and mental strength too often, when I really need them the most.  I have come so far with my submissions - where major agencies strongly believe in the concept potential of Bedtime Tails and believe even more that my one agent is out there.  

Bedtime Tails is worthwhile in publishing.  My name is worthwhile in publishing, solely based on my all but one personal responses.  I should not let one harsh rejection bring me down.  I figured this agent would say no, but I gave them a chance.  So I move on in my dog determined mindset.  You never know, after all, what will happen tomorrow.

And one last thing - my page impressions so far have reached 666.  I hope this post gets me out of such a sinful number.

No comments:

Post a Comment