Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspired by Puppy Love

Over the course of the past few months, I have felt incredible creative pressure desperately seeking an outlet.  I created and customized a personal blog on Tumblr.  This was not enough.  I looked to the niche blogs I currently maintain - Set List and Puppy Love.  I saw nothing. . .until I saw something.

My mother designs cards as a hobby.  I am taking this hobby concept and creating card design as a business.  Her designs are general in nature (but always breathtaking).  My designs are themed in nature. 

Inspired by Puppy Love, I am envisioning and creating handmade cards with a puppy theme.  Each design in this theme is unique with title.  My hope is to plan a minimum of three designs and create a portfolio with stock.  This portfolio will be taken to local pet stores where owners will have the option to sell my work if they like what they see.

I am not done at this point.  My puppy theme is two designs in thus far.  Inspired by Set List, I am doing the same by handmaking cards with a rock n' roll music theme.  Each design is unique with title.  I have three designs within the music theme thus far, with a fourth on the way.  My portfolio for the music theme is nearly set and I am ready to prepare stock.  This portfolio will be taken to local relevant stores where owners will have the option to sell my work if they like what they see.

My creative pressure has been released.  I am in love with card design, especially based on theme inspired by Puppy Love and Set List.  Design as a business is still conceptual in nature.  My business name is currently tentative.  I am still in stock creation mode.  Price has yet to be set with each design under puppy and music.  My ultimate goal is to sell really well in stores to then justify creating an online presence.  If (strong hope) I get to this point, I will share web link and samples here on Puppy Love.  Both themes have been getting rave reviews thus far, so one can only wonder and hope. . .

While I take some time away from Puppy Love to focus on my card design venture, I encourage viewers to keep up with the Daily Puppy.  If there is a breed you are curious to know more about, follow my research tracks by entering the breed name in Google and look for Dog Breed Info and/or the American Kennel Club.  I always go to PAWS Chicago or The Anti-Cruelty Society if a Daily Puppy breed matches an adoption availability at these shelters.  You can do the same in your area.

As always, Puppy Love gives a warm pawfive.

No comments:

Post a Comment