Friday, November 26, 2010

Ham's Forever Home

I am thrilled and sorrowed.

Ham - my little puppy German Shepherd - is no longer on PAWS Chicago.  I can all but assume that he has found a forever home.  I am thrilled for him, as he has been available since this past summer.

Ham - my online pup - has been in my heart for so long.  I truly fell in love with him and so dearly wanted him in my forever home, wherever that might be.  I am sorrowed - I never had the finances to adopt him in time and bring him to a forever home suitable only for the best.

I am unemployed with zero prospects.  I have searched for over a year for any job that pays, let alone a job in the field I trained for in graduate school.  I write now, as a means of emotional escape.  I blog here, but only time will build this site up to where I hope it will be.  I write online articles, but the better majority of my revenue is through traffic and ad profits share - in other words, getting rich quick is just not possible unless I devote all of me into article writing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a year, and so on and so forth.  I am a novelist, but my first book is still shopping for a literary agent.  With somewhere around 30 rejections and that many more waiting for a response, a yes - that one yes - is slow in coming.  I have signs of hope in getting that one yes - "I did not fall in love with your story...Still I think you have a pretty solid idea...Someone is sure to love your work and give a nice offer" & "Your story sounds interesting" - all positive feedback in rejections telling me that my book has caught the attention of the publishing world and representation will follow.  My writing, though, requires patience.

Ham could not wait.

I will always appreciate your support - following Puppy Love, visiting Puppy Love, reading the content and looking at the advertisements, and generously donating whatever can be afforded.

I will always love Ham and no one will replace him in my heart.  All puppies and older dogs deserve a loving forever home.  Someday I will be that forever home provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment