Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gringo the Australian Cattle Dog Mix

Today's daily puppy is Gringo the Australian Cattle Dog Mix.  Gringo's breed is very special to my heart because my Chessie (who I honor deeply in Puppy Love) had traces of Australian Cattle Dog in her.  May she forever rest in peace and forever be remembered in lovealwayschessie.blogspot.com.

The Australian Cattle Dog goes by many other names, such as the Australian Heeler or Blue Heeler.  The Australian Cattle Dog is meant to work and herd by nature.  Much like the Dalmatian breed, the Australian Cattle Dog needs daily exercise to expend energy, maintain an active mind, and keep potential behavior issues at bay.  This breed also requires leadership from puppy years on.  The Australian Cattle Dog is a worker, is highly protective, and is loyal to its forever family.

Break for a moment.  My memories of Chessie come from my family.  Chessie was an unusual dog, from her very early years to her grown years.  When my mother was pregnant wih me, she would rub against Mom's belly knowing somehow that a little one was to come.  When I was born, Chessie took on a partnered motherly role.  She let me play with her, tug at her ears, be as aggressive as a baby could be.  As long as she was near me, I could do virtually anything.  On one occassion, my grandmother was walking me in my stroller and Chessie was pressing alongside.  A suspicious stranger approached us with a threat towards me.  Chessie, as the intense protector, threatened back with deep growling and teeth showing.  She would not let anyone harm her baby or her mom.  There were many other moments of protectiveness and beyond sincere loyalty.  I love you, Chessie...lovealwayschessie.blogspot.com.

Dog Breed Info is an excellent source for all things Australian Cattle Dog.  If interested in learning more about this breed - Chessie's breed - visit http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australiancattledog.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment